These upgrade instructions are for upgrading from AutoRank PHP v1.0.x only. They will not work for other versions
of the software. You should allow at least 30 minutes to complete the upgrade, and more time if you have customized
versions of your templates.
Notice: The 2.0.x release has some significant changes from the 1.0.x series. Have a look at the ChangeLog and the demo on our
site to see what has changed and to make sure you want to upgrade your existing installation. You will have to redo all of your
HTML templates, so make sure to be aware and allow time for that.
- Login to your v1.0.x administrative interface and run the database backup function. Download the backup files to your
local computer for safe keeping. This can be used to restore your v1.0.x installation should you need to.
- Upload the autorankphp.php file from the v2.0.x distribution to the directory on your server where AutoRank PHP is
currently installed, and the tables.php file to the data directory of your existing installation. Point your browser to the
autorankphp.php file, and it will convert your account data.
- Now you need to create 2 new directories inside the directory where the 1.0.x release was installed. Name them cache and include, and set the permissions
on both to 777.
- Next you can upload all of the files from the v2.0.x distribution to your server in the corresponding folders. Complete
details on what folders each file goes into and file permissions can be found in the install.html documentation file.
- Log into your setup.php interface so you can setup any of the new required variables that have not been filled in. After
you have verified that all variables and options are set how you want them, save the settings.
- In the administrative interface you need to run the rerank function. Once you do that, click on the link to view your
main ranking page to make sure it is working correctly. If you are using cron to update your list, you will need to setup the new cron script and
crontab entries. See the cron.html documentation file for details.
- Finally, once you are satisfied that the upgrade has been completed successully, upload the cleanup10x.php file from the 2.0.x distribution.
Bring this script up in your browser, and click the link to remove the old 1.0.x database tables.